W.O & P.O. Jolly
Formerly farming in East Suffolk, W.O. & P.O. Jolly moved to South West Norfolk in 1989, onto the light, sandy Breckland soils East of Thetford.
The cropping is suited to the soil type, which also benefits from irrigation; the water is taken from the chalk aquifer beneath the farm.
- 84 hectares of onions; sets and seed crops, mainly brown onions
- 90 hectares of potatoes grown for the processing market, crisps, chips and other potato products
- 65 hectares of sugar beet delivered to the Bury Beet Factory
- 45 hectares of spring barley grown for the malting trade
- 20 hectares of industrial hemp partly used for environmentally friendly building products
- 18 hectares of asparagus, grown, harvested and marketed to supermarkets and the wholesale London Markets
- 56 hectares rented out for carrots and herbs
- 35 hectares rented out for outdoor pigs; these are fattening pigs that spend all their lives outside
- 1,700 ton cold bulk onion store
- 1,600 ton ambient multipurpose onion/potato storage
- 500 cold box store
Roudham Farm is entered into the Entry Level Scheme and the Higher Level Scheme, demonstrating commitment to the environment.