James Foskett Farms Ltd
The Foskett family has been farming at Bromeswell since 1955, when Henry Foskett originally moved to Suffolk as a first-generation farmer. The farming enterprise, which has changed out of all recognition, is now run by his son, James.
James Foskett Farms Ltd is now a major producer of potatoes, onions and organic vegetables for the main packers and multiples. The essence of the operation is to produce a product of the right quality and at the right time to suit the customer.
The land base is mostly in the Deben Valley within a twenty mile radius of Woodbridge, making use of the free-draining, light sands and sandy loam soils of East Suffolk. With the help of irrigation we can produce early crops of quality vegetables.
The Farms’ facilities include:
- 3,300 tons of positively ventilated potato cold storage
- 3,200 tons of onion cold storage with a joint venture on a further 2,750 tons
- 300 tons of ambient potato storage
- Blast chilling facilities
- Capacity to chit 450 tons of seed potatoes
- Modern grading facilities
- 350 acres of maincrop onions split 50/50 between reds and browns
- 900 acres of potatoes split between:
- 250 acres of certified seed
- 350 acres of earlies and early salads
- 125 acres of early bakers
- 100 acres of early maincrops and specialities
- 75 acres of second crop scrapers
- 200 acres of organic potatoes, onions, carrots, green beans, squashes, sweetcorn and fertility building crops
- 100 acres of cereals
- 100 acres of sugar beet
- 50 acres of vining peas
- 30 acres of carrots
- 50 acres of cricket bat willows
The farm won the Large Farms category of the Suffolk Agricultural Association’s Suffolk Farm Business competition in 2007.
For further information, please visit our website: